Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tu a perde le match

There are some things in french that will always haunt me, but how they come out strangely in english ( for instance a french expression meaning really wasted translates into english as " my hair hurts ") or some just because, well, they're haunting ( an example of this one is that french children learn the story of their Santa Clause equivalent, Saint Nicholas, and he became a saint after his ass, or rather his cushy backside, resurrected the pieces of three children who were murdered and hacked into bits and shoved in the saltbrine 7 years ago, and I shit you not. )

But regardless of how haunting these traditions are, it's during this holiday season that I am truly proud of my french family lineage ( my french name btw is Alice LaChance)

And so, in the christmas spirit I have decided to write you a little english/french poem

In this Christmas season
Seeming no rhyme of reason
Regardless of what you believe
I hope you remember these things ( shut up that rhymed)
First of all ( should you be so lucky)
Go and get yourself a rubber ducky
Second, I hope you take with you
You can always find solace in the color blue
And last things to remember when you hear my name
Tu a perde le match
You just lost the game.

4 comments:

  1. I LOST THE GAME. :(

    XD Oh, Saint Nicholas...we will never forget you and your fiileds.

    All I can say: Best Christmas poem ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, I lost the game.

    Thanks. I love saint Nicholas

    ReplyDelete
  3. =D Reading your blog always makes my day better. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete