Sunday, December 13, 2009

December 13th: Tom's Birthday.

Okay, so today, December 13th is my own personal national holiday. Basically, even though only me, and people that know me, celebrate today but I think it should be a national holiday. Today is Tom's Birthday. I don't know if you've figured this out about me yet, but I love Tom.

For those of you who still don't know who Tom is, let me give a short explanation ( yes this is short for how much I know about him)

Thomas Matthew DeLonge the second was born December 13th 1975 in Poway California. He is a Saggitarius. He got kicked out of Poway High for attending a basketball game where he was playing, slightly inebriated. His family relocated to Ranchero Bernard and he went to the school there where he met his friend Kerry. The one thing he really missed from Poway was his band ( big oily men ) and he spent all of the time he wasn't skateboarding complaining to Kerry, and his girlfriend, Anne Hoppus. Anne finally introduced him to her brother, Mark Hoppus, who was a bassist also in search of a band. They were the founding members of my favorite band, Blink182. They found Scott Raynor at a battle of the bands competition. Blink182 released their first album in 1994, it was called Cheshire Cat, ( although they released one unofficial tape before that, called flyswatter).

Although I have a lot more information on Tom and Blink182 both, I will shorten it down a bit ( mostly because I don't type that fast and I have a book and two or more fan sights full of information on them).

Travis Barker joined around 1998 after Scot quit and they played the infamous Mark, Tom and Travis show. Tom did a side project in 2003, and formed a band called Box Car Racer, ( the second best band ever) they only released one album and it was self titled. About a year later, after the release of Blink182's self titled album, Tom quit Blink182. The band broke up. Tom started a new band, Angels and Airwaves ( the third best band ever) and they released two halves of one album, the first entitled We Don't Need To Whisper and the second, I-Empire.

As I'm sure you all know Blink182 recently got back together and went on the summer 2009 Blink182 reunion tour,( which let me tell you was awesome) . Sadly that put an end to Angels and Airwaves, ( which let me tell you were also very awesome live). It was worth it though because it brought back the best band to ever walk the face of the earth.

So, let me wrap up really quick. Tom has been a part of the best three bands ever, released the following albums: Cheshire Cat, Buddha, Dude Ranch, Enema of the State, The Mark, Tom and Travis Show, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket, Box Car Racer, Blink182, Greatest Hits, We Don't Need to Whisper, and last but not least I-empire. He founded ( although sold his shares of) Atticus clothing company and is still in charge of Macbeth shoe company. He is the best guitarist, singer songwriter ever. He now resides about 45 minutes north of San Diego with his wife, Jennifer, his daughter Ava Elizabeth DeLonge, and his son Jonas Rocket DeLonge, and his two dogs, Grey and Chloe..

I know, I know I'm obsessed, but it's not my fault. He's funny and he writes beautiful songs and he plays amazingly and I love his voice. Oh, yeah, and he's hot. For the record, I loved Tom for about 5 years before I actually found out how much older than me he is, AND there's a girl in my fremch class who's in love with a guy that's like 60. So HA. Also, Monica from friends dates Richard and they were 21 years apart. So, hahaha. Look, what did I tell you? Gorgeous!!!!



This was Tom when he was in Blink182 before they broke up.



And this is when he had the lighter hair during Angels and Airwaves.



I have like a million more pictures, on my myspace and my laptop, as my background, and a slideshow as my screensaver, ( also some where he's not wearing a shirt) but anyway, I'll ony put these two on todays blog because I can only upload one at a time and it would take way too long.


Anyway, everybody celebrate today because it is Tom's 34th birthday and I love him.



Oh, and btw, A lot of people have been wondering how I got my screenname, and since it's Tom birthday I will tell you. It's the name of a Box Car Racer song.

" Call me back when word is that she's gone. Cat Like Thief she stole air from my lungs. Leave me standing on this lonely grave. I dug it out in case she turns away." - Tom DeLonge.

No comments:

Post a Comment